Thursday 8 January 2009

My Kit: Prep and Skin Care

Take a look at the skin care I carry in my makeup kit.

1. MAC Strobe Cream - Great for dewy skin and highlights
2. Dermalogica Active Moist
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
4. Derma Guard Skin Protectant - Can also be used for fixing mistakes with a cotton bud.
5. Anti Bacterial Hand Gel
6. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
7. Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner
8. Palmers Body Gloss- great for glamour/bikini shoots.
9. Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Body Lotion
10. Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser
11. Pore Minimiser
12. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Sample - in case someone wants to wash their makeup off.
13. Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion Sample - To matt out oily skin.
14. Brow Palette
15. Tweezerman Tweezers - Excellent grip and great for precision
16. Scissors

All my big bottles of lotion have been decanted into small Muji pumps to reduce weight and save space which has made a huge difference. I have also replaced the 12 colour Screenface Eyeshadow palette I used to cart around because I used 3 of the colours for brows by making a small customised palette. I also carry samples of products I very rarely use so I'm prepared but don't have to waste space.

Here it is all packed up in a little 19cmW x 15cmH x 5.5cmW I got from John Lewis for £5 (if I remember rightly) for a set of 3.


If you have a skin care or prep product you think is a must have that I need in my kit or you have a question or comment on one of the items I do carry let me know by posting in the comments box.

N.B. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. I will update the posts at some point in the future when I upgrade my camera!

Related Posts

My Makeup and Light Hairstyling Kit

Angel Graves Guide to Traveling with Your Kit

Chapped Lips Be Gone

4 comments:

  1. I can't apply make-up without prepping the skin properly.

    What brand is your pore minimiser?

    Amy x

    ps. I have those same tweezers but in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy, Its a MAC product that I picked up at a designer outlet store near oxford but its been discontinued.

    I have heard good things about the Clinique pore minimiser so you could give theirs a try if you are looking for one.

    I love my tweezerman's they are worth every penny arnt they :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just started using dermalogica on my own skin before christmas and looove active moist. It's great for applying make-up because it sinks in straight away.

    Also I put everything that I could into the muji pump bottles and it is so much better! Can't believe I was lugging full bottles of body lotion around...

    Oh and No7 does a good pore minimiser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome kit~ just wondering if we need all those before we are doing the client's makeup? I only have makeup wipes and toner and that's all about it in myy kit. figured i need to get more then^^

    ReplyDelete