Tuesday 13 January 2009

Tried and Tested: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser

I have recently started using the Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser, which I have also added to my skin care kit, and I'm really pleased with its performance.

This cleanser is very gentle and comes in a gel form which feels soothing and refreshing when applied. I like the consistency as it is not too runny and as it is a gel you don't get any greasiness unlike some cream based cleansers I have tried.

You can remove the cleanser by rinsing it off or by using a dry cotton pad which is perfect if your using it in your makeup kit.

It is gentle enough to use around the eye area which I have done with absolutely no stinging or irritation and once removed my skin doesn't feel dry or striped and there is no residue.

I wasn't mad on the smell at first as I prefer a more clean and clinical smell as apposed to floral. This falls somewhere in the middle with a sort of 'natural plant extract' smell but i got over that quickly and don't mind it at all now.

What Dermologica say...

Recommended for environmentally sensitised skin.

An extremely gentle cleansing gel-cream designed to shield against external environmental assaults with Dermalogica’s exclusive Anti-Ozonate Complex. Contains Lavender, Echinacea and Raspberry extracts for their calming properties.

Effectively removes eye makeup and can be either rinsed off or removed with cotton. Leave no irritating residue and is formulated for even the most hypersensitive skin that cannot tolerate water. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour.

Leave me a comment and tell me which cleaner you use and your thoughts on the Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser.

Related Posts
Tried and Tested: Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara
Chapped Lips Be Gone
My Kit: Prep and Skin Care

Picture Source: dermalogica.com

Subscribe to receive What The Pros Do updates now!

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog!

    For someone like me who is obsessed with Makeup yet learning how to apply (still!) this blog is very informative and not at in any way Patronising!

    I love dermalogica - it's my holy grail. I use the Special Cleansing Gel and Daily Microfoliant to cleanse my face, but this could be good for on the go cleansing...hmmm I might have to try this baby out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guard your skin against damage and aging with dermalogica Daylight Defense Limited Edition Kit. It contains travel size products to shield your face and body from the sun, soothe the skin after sun exposure, and even protect the lips from the sun's rays.

    ReplyDelete