Friday 20 February 2009

Makeup Brushes on a Budget

I needed to stock up on a few more brushes this week but my budget was pretty non existent. I usually think that one area you shoudn't skimp on is your brushes but I actually found a few decent budget brushes at PAM in Shepherds Bush.

I managed to bag myself 9 new brushes for just over £50 and was pleased with the quality. In particular I am in love with the blush brush which was a snip at £9.40 and was definitely my star buy.

The one thing I did splurge on was another MAC 187 brush from the Pro Store in Soho because I just cant live without my duo fibre brushes for buffing that foundation!

My Brush Haul...
  • B002/C104 Angle Blush £8.30 Nice full but firm angled brush for contouring and blush.
  • B005/C141 Blush £9.40 I love this brush as its slightly tapered so great for placing colour where you need it and soft for blending.
  • B016/C213 Smudge £3.10 x2 This tiny brush is supposed to be for smudging liner I think but its far too scratchy for the delicate eye area however I got these for doing lips as a like small but wide brushes for lip work.
  • B019/C222 Small Contour £4.10 x2 Perfect size for blending in the crease, dense but quite soft.
  • B023/C203 Wide Eyeshadow £9.40 x2 The sable hair on these is super soft. Good size for colour washes.
  • Brow Grooming Tool £2.00 Comb, brush and wand in one.
When selecting my brushes I made sure the handles felt secure and well glued in as some that i picked up felt loose so I would recommend buying in person to make sure you don't get one that will fall apart even if they are cheap.

I have a sneaky suspicion that PAM's brush supplier for these particular brushes is Crownbrush.co.uk (Crownbrush.biz for those in the USA) as the codes on the PAM brushes match those of the Crown Studio Line so I will have to place a crown order soon to confirm that!

What bargains have you got for kit lately? Leave a comment and let us know!
Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment